I’ve always been driven towards helping people. It is just part of the fabric of my makeup. When I was in college, I knew I would have to choose a career that involves working with people, else I would be unfulfilled. So that’s what I did. Since 1990, when I graduated from college with my bachelor’s degree, I have been in the business of counseling and coaching people towards making their lives better, meeting their goals, and making changes that they desire. This work has been extremely satisfying for me over the years, as I have seen people grow, change, and move towards being their best selves.
In my position today, as a psychotherapist, I am honored to walk alongside my clients in their life journey as they experience healing, personal growth, healthier relationships, improved self-esteem, and overall better quality of life and well-being.
Everybody hits potholes on the road of life. When life gets complicated, most people need some extra help. Counseling provides a safe place where you can explore, process, and understand the patterns in your life that are not working and begin to make meaningful changes. I provide deep listening, gentle guidance, and help finding clarity and insight. I work collaboratively with my clients to develop personalized goals, a roadmap to give you direction, and powerful tools to assist you in traveling along your journey.
- Bachelor of Science in Foods and Nutrition, 1990, Samford University
- Dietetic Internship 1990-1992, Texas Christian University
- Masters of Arts in Marriage & Family Counseling/Professional Counseling, 2011, Richmont Graduate University
- Registered and Licensed Dietitian in the State of Georgia, 1993
- Licensed Associate Professional Counselor in the State of Georgia, 2012
- Licensed Professional Counselor in the State of Georgia, 2015
Certifications and Other Training:
- Certified Diabetes Educator, 2000-2015
- Certified Insulin Pump Trainer, 2000-2015
- Life Coach Training, 2006, The Institute for Life Coach Training
- Brainspotting, 2012
- Sand Tray Specialist, 2013
- PREPARE/ENRICH Certified Facilitator, 2013
- SoulCollage(R) Facilitator, 2015